Sunday, July 6, 2014

REVIEW: Satan's Property by Celia Loren

22174357Satan's Property by Celia Loren
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Betrayed by love, isolated and abused, sold as collateral to a rival MC…

Things were supposed to be different for Violet Avery. Her father was the president of the Devil’s Army Motorcycle Club, and she married the love of her life Rooster—one of the hottest bikers in the club.

When her father dies on a cartel run, Rooster suddenly turns into a ruthless monster, usurping the president’s chair, forcing the club into the drug trade, and condemning Violet to a life of misery and isolation.

As Rooster’s lust for power drives him deeper into madness, he offers Violet to a rival club, the Satan’s Sons MC—as collateral—to be their sexual slave and property until a deal goes through.

The Satan’s Sons live in abandoned insane asylum and are rumored to be sexual sadists, rapists, and ruthless murderers…One-Percenters who operate under no code of honor. Violet has no choice but to accept her fate as the property of the club.

Violet knows deep down that Rooster has no intention of the deal ever going through, he’ll leave her fate up to the Satan’s Sons. Her only hope lies in a sexy biker they call Drifter...

This is a STANDALONE Contemporary Romance Novel – No Cliff Hanger – Second book in the Dante’s Nine Motorcycle Club series – Content suitable for adults only, contains violence, and graphic sexual content.



http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png








This book grabbed me from the moment that I read the blurb and still hasn't let go!

I couldn't put this down but I also didn't want it to end. The story flowed really well, never boring. I particularly liked that Violet wasn't kidnapped or abused or raped since that seems to be a popular theme in MC books. Yes, crap happened, but she wasn't abused in a horrible way that turned my stomach and made me want to put the book down and never touch it again.

I definitely felt sorry for Violet. She knew what MC's were like but nothing could have prepared her for the evil that was her husband. I know some people would take issue with me calling him evil since he didn't physically torture Violet but to me, he was evil. He kept her away from her dog Scout and that was unforgivable and pure evil.

But the Satan's Sons were as bad as Violet had been led to believe. I was impressed with them. For the most part, she was treated with the respect due to an old lady, even though she wasn't an old lady of one of their members. Of course, there's always one idiot brother that is going to make a lewd comment and hit on her, but it didn't go beyond that.

Aside from his name being Drifter, I really liked him. Even his name wasn't bad but I was beyond curious as to what his real name was. But He was a great guy. He didn't cheat, he didn't abuse Violet he got to know her and fell for her. And that was refreshing. I know that in books MC's skirt the law and work outside the law 99% of the time, but not every guy in these types of books has to be a bad guy anti-hero. Drifter was a good guy. He came home, unexpectedly met a woman that he couldn't stop thinking about and after spending some time with her, fell for her. I loved every scene he had with Violet.

There was a little situation with Violet's husband and a snitch in the Sons and I have to say, I figured out who the snitch was and was so dismayed because I'd like that person! But because it was unexpected, it was a good twist.

This was my first book by this author, but it definitely won't be my last!

View all my reviews on Goodreads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment