Tuesday, July 14, 2015

REVIEW: Stepbrother's Gift by Krista Lakes/Cassandra Zara

25647683Stepbrother's Gift by Krista Lakes
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

"I’ve been waiting to claim you for a long time..."


My billionaire stepbrother owes me.

Years ago, James thoughtlessly gave me an IOU instead of a Christmas present.

I thought I had pushed him out of my mind, but years later, I found myself sharing a home with him again.

Just like before, he teased me at every turn. And just like before, it only made me want him more.

In one moment, our relationship changed forever. I found out firsthand what had made all those girls moan while we had shared a wall years ago.

Now it’s time to collect on that jerk’s IOU. Even though he's a billionaire, the thing that I want from him isn't money. I want a gift that will last me a lifetime...

A baby.










This is the other book that was banned by Amazon as a serial…and the story was almost complete at the time. I’m so glad I finally got to read the conclusion! And I have to confess that I love that this is now a full length novel(and the same goes for the military one) .

This one was good, but not as good as the military stepbrother story by this author. I just couldn’t get into James. He had his good and bad parts. Allie put up with a lot from him because she loved him. There were a couple pieces to the story that added a little mystery, to make James seem like he wasn’t as good as he seemed, like he was really up to no good…and while I appreciate that, I didn’t care for how it made him come off as a jerk. But, the characters had some great chemistry and the author does a great job with the steamy scenes! ;)

My only other complaint was that the end seemed a little rushed and there was never a definitive answer as to who leaked the info that James and Allie were together and how they got the photos of them. I’m actually really curious and wouldn’t mind knowing that.

Overall, I really love the author’s writing and hope she writes more stepbrother stories.


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment