Monday, November 9, 2015

REVIEW: Falling for the Wingman by Crista McHugh

18971917Falling for the Wingman by Crista McHugh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Air Force pilot Caleb Kelly has come back home with one mission in mind—to propose to the woman whose letters and lucky charm helped him survive his deployment in Afghanistan. But when he finds their apartment empty with a note saying she’s left him, he arrives at her mother’s house in rural Alabama less than a week before Kourtney is about to marry another man. Now he’s out to win her heart again and gets some unexpected assistance from her younger sister, Alex.

Alex Leadbetter has always thought Caleb was too good for her manipulative, social-climbing sister. She had assumed Kourtney’s identity to write letters to him and keep his spirits up until he returned home to the hard truth, never expecting to fall in love with him along the way. After he shows up in town, she convinces him that the best way to get Kourtney back is to make her think he’s fallen for someone new — her. But when a fake romance becomes all too real, her deception may leave them both grounded.
 










Between work and things going on in my life I haven't known what to read or what I was in the mood to read.

But this book was just absolute perfection. It fit my mood, it wasn't full of angst, it was just a nice contemporary romance.

I loved every moment of Alex and Caleb’s story. I was hooked from page one, when Caleb decided to chase down his former girlfriend after she left him a Dear John letter while he was on deployment. I have to say that I loved Alex’s plan to make Caleb fall for her.

Almost immediately, Caleb became confused by his reaction to Alex and soon enough, his feelings were confused about which sister he really wanted.

I loved the connection that Alex and Caleb had. I loved how well she knew Caleb and that she knew the right things to say to encourage him while he was still on deployment. And I loved the little angel trinket that Alex made that Caleb ended up with. It was just a nice little touch.

I also loved how seamlessly Caleb fit in with Alex’s friends. There was a scene where Alex met one of Caleb’s (many) brothers, but I do wish that there had been more of scene of Alex with Caleb’s family.

Going into this book, I didn’t realize that it was part of a series. I’ll definitely be going back to read the previous books and I can’t wait to read future books.


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment