Friday, February 23, 2018

AVAILABLE NOW: His Virgin Princess by Grace Goodwin

 AVAILABLE NOW! 
His Virgin Princess by Grace Goodwin is NOW LIVE!




Danielle arrives on Everis excited to meet her new mate. She watches as her friends find happiness while haunted by dreams of an Everian Hunter who will not come for her—a mate who refuses to claim her. But something isn't right. The dreams turn dark. Tortured. Her mate is suffering, and nothing will stop her from finding him—especially not his stern orders to choose another, to protect herself above all others, and cherish her life above his own.

Gage of Everis is heir to a seat on the Seven, the ruling council of families that have held power on Everis for thousands of years. He's the last prince of his line, the last surviving heir, and someone doesn't want him to rise to his place on the ruling council. Betrayed, tortured and alone, Gage has found solace in knowing he's protected his Marked Mate from sharing his fate. But his stubborn bride refuses to listen to reason.

When she finds him, there will be a reckoning. Not only is Gage determined to find those who betrayed him, but to conquer the wild huntress who came for him in the dark and stole his heart.







Ok, so I have a confession to make....there's just something about Alien books that typically turns me off. I don't know if I just think about the stereotypical little green aliens from movies or what, but I usually avoid these types of books. 

But I've also had my eye on this author's books for a while. I was intrigued by them. But I never knew where to start or which ones would really appeal to me. I've even taken her quiz about who your mate would be and where they'd be from...but I hadn't read any of her stuff. So when I got the opportunity to to review this, I jumped at the opportunity to take a chance on a new-to-me author. 

I'm happy to report that I freaking loved this book. I loved seeing the instant connection between Gage and Danielle. I loved that she ignored his edict of staying away to go find him and save her mate. I just loved that. She was a strong woman that wasn't willing to give up on her mate after traveling so far, and from another world just lose the person meant for her. I loved that about her. 

I completely expected Gage to be an alpha. The simple fact that they were "Mates" told me he was going to be alpha. And he was, in the best ways. Even when he'd been torture and left for dead, his first concern was for Danielle and her injured ankle. Let's be real...his injuries were far more severe than an old ankle injury, but all he cared about was seeing that his mate was properly taken care of and healed. And that extended to later in the book too, when her ankle injury reared it's ugly head again. And I loved that he put her well-being above his own. It was just very sweet. I mean, this is a woman that he's never met before, and while she is his mate, it's not like they have a long past together. 

After looking at this book on Goodreads, I now realize that it's book 3 in a series. Going in, I had no idea. So, yes, this can be read as a stand alone. I didn't feel lost in the story. However, with that said, the book picks up with Danielle on the trail of Gage, set to rescue him. I haven't gone back to read the other books in the series (but I plan to), so I don't know if there's anything about Danielle and Gage in those books, or if you see the first time they connect in their dreams of when they first feel their mating marks...but I kind of wish that I'd been able to see that in this book. I would love to see how they found out about their mates, how they reacted, see them interact for the first time in their dreams, see them excited to meet and then finally see Gage tell her not to come after him and her decided to ignore that order and go after him. Like I said, I don't know if any of that happens in the previous books, but I can't wait to find out. 

Overall, I had a lot of fun reading this book. It was super steamy, fast moving and had a good little suspense story. I'll definitely be checking out more books by the author in the future! 









No comments:

Post a Comment