Tuesday, January 29, 2019

FREE by Kristen Ashley




FREE
Chaos #6
by Kristen Ashley




41020095
Through good times, bad times and times of war, Cole “Rush” Allen grew up in the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Along this journey, he watched his father, Tack, and his MC brothers fight, sweat, bleed and die to steer the Club to legitimacy.


And they’ve got one more battle on their hands.

A battle they have to win.

But when Rush meets the woman who put herself right in the thick of it, he knows he has to stop at nothing to get her out.

Rebel Stapleton has lost someone she loves to murder and she’s the kind of woman who’s going to do something about it. She puts her career on the line, and her life, to bring the man who did it to justice.

That is, she does this until Rush Allen intervenes.

Chaos is at war and they’re about to face the ultimate showdown. They’ll have to negotiate skeletons from the past, enemies becoming allies, and loved ones in the line of fire on their ride to be…

Free.









I gave this book a passable 3 star rating due to:
1. Beck, aka Throttle, being redeemed,(the jerk face Bounty MC member from Rosalie & Snappers book.) He truly had the best sideline story - and story overall, to me- in this whole book.
2. Chaos men with their banter moments. They cracked me up.
3. Rush’s POV chapters.
4. Not an over abundance of overly described furniture, homes, clothes, or food monologues.
5. Rebel wasn’t a doormat.
6. Lots of ‘action’ going on.
7. Not overly focused on the couples bedroom antics.

However!!!!! I was highly disappointed with:
1. The 15 different POVs. It left me from being fully immersed in the main couples story.
2. Rebel’s POVs felt more manly to me... ?
3. Main reason I’m pissed- is that we were jacked around with Benito’s storyline and the way it went. Totally went to left field and highly disappointing. It soooooo didn’t live up to his true natured self as we saw through out the series. It was bizarre and I felt like he could have been a character in the Honey series- which I didn’t bother to read.
4. Some characters came into play that knew Rebel were from Loose Ends and a book in the Honey series. I felt like I missed out on Rebels life by not reading one or both of those books? I was a little confused too at first as to whom these people were....
 






I'm so sad this series has come to an end! It's one of my favorites from Ms. Ashley and one I reread quite often, so I guess I'm not too sad since I'm sure I'll be revisiting Rush and Rebel before the year is out! I really enjoyed this book, but I did have a few things I was a little on the fence about. I really loved Rush and Rebel, both together and apart. The main story arc was good, but I have to admit to a little disappointment with the Benito story line and the direction it went in. It felt like it came out of left field in a way, and for those who haven't read the Honey series, there was a lot that they won't get. I have read that series so I got to see some characters I loved and I didn't have any issues understanding anything. There were a couple different angles going at the same time which makes it hard to recap without giving anything away. There is so much going on and it was definitely a page turner and I really enjoyed the book overall. It was a little bittersweet to see it coming to and end. 











Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!). 

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her posse is loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write.

Kristen was raised in a house with a large and multi-generational family. They lived on a very small farm in a small town in the heartland and existed amongst the strains of Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched).

Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.

And as she keeps growing up, it keeps getting better.
 









No comments:

Post a Comment