Wednesday, April 24, 2019

REVIEW: Lord Have Mercy by Lani Lynn Vale




LORD HAVE MERCY
The Southern Gentleman Series Book 2
By Lani Lynn Vale






43691606
Poor judgment: knowing better yet doing it anyway. 

Flint Stone is a professional in every way. 


He’s a police officer with the K-9 unit and works at Gun Barrel High as the school resource officer. In his spare time, he’s working his heart out to create a successful gym from the ground up. 



He’s loved by every single person he ever encounters—student, faculty, and employees—Everyone but Camryn Elvis Presley. 

The only thing they have in common is their mothers’ poor excuses for names. 
Period. The end. 

So why is it every time she crosses his path that he has the urge to mess up her perfectly curled hair? Or unbutton a few of her prim and proper buttons? 

He knows he should stay away, yet like the high schoolers he’s around every day, he has no choice but to react first and think about the consequences later. 

Side note—bad decisions are made, leading to lapses in judgment that threaten both of their jobs. Yet when the time comes, neither one can seem to find the wherewithal to care. Why? Because being bad feels so good. 












Can I just say.... YES! I freaking LOVED this book! After reading Hissy Fit I was more than a little intrigued by Flint and Camryn! ESPECIALLY after reading the first chapter at the end of the first book. I was hooked just from that and was already impatient to get my hands on this book! I devoured it in one sitting, even staying up past my bedtime on a school work night ;) But then again, it's not like that hasn't (or won't) ever happened before! 

So I dove right in and could not put it down! It was all the things LLV has come to be known for. AWESOME chapter headers! In fact, the one about the chili pepper was so good I immediately texted everyone I knew to tell them the joke! 😁 Steamy 😍, hilarious 😂, a little drama and intrigue *insert thinking face emoji* and of course the stupid ex that we want to run over with a car! I could not stand Nivea! She was the worst, but that just means that LLV did a great job writing that character in a way that you really she'd get pushed off a cliff...


Image result for pushing someone off a cliff gif


Anywho... So yeah lol. Camryn and Flint started out with a love / hate relationship. They were both attracted to each other but didn't think the other one reciprocated the feelings. This led to some pretty funny banter between the pair and there were several moments that made me literally laugh out loud. I really enjoyed them getting to know each other better and realizing that they were meant to be together. It was sweet and funny and hot!

I also loved seeing Raleigh and Ezra again. Their book was awesome too and I loved the glimpses into their hea. There was a semi mystery plot going on that wasn't too hard to figure out, but I do think LLV did a good job with it and it was still a good little twist to the story. To be honest, there really wasn't a whole lot of unnecessary drama in this book. Yeah, Flint's ex, Nivea, was a pain in the a$$ but she was more like that annoying gnat flying around and Camryn and Flint basically ignored her every time she let the crazy out. It was actually pretty funny!

So, my overall opinion is that this was a great book! I highly recommend it and I can definitely see myself rereading it in the future! Honestly, the only thing that I noticed that kinda (but not really) irked me was a little mistake in the color of Camryn's car, and seeing as I had an ARC, I can't really complain because it could be fixed in the final copy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

















Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for all things romance. You can find Lani in front of her computer writing away in her fictional characters world...that is until her husband and kids demand sustenance in the form of food and drink.









No comments:

Post a Comment