Saturday, April 10, 2021

REVIEW: Dear Love, I Hate You by Eliah Greenwood

 


Dear Love, I Hate You by Eliah Greenwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

It all started with an anonymous letter. 
 
He wasn’t supposed to find it—no one was. And he definitely wasn’t supposed to answer it.
 
We end up talking through letters and sticky notes in a book. One sticky note. Two sticky notes. Ten sticky notes. All baring our darkest, deepest secrets.
 
It’s all fun and games until I find out who my pen pal is...
 
Xavier Emery. King of my basketball-obsessed town, my childhood bully, and the guy I am in grave danger of falling in love with.
 
But the rules were clear: we can never know who we’re talking to, and the confessions can never, ever get out. Seriously. It would destroy lives. 
 
Fine by me. Even if Mr. Popular does find out his confidant is little old me, it’s not like he’d ever love me back…

Right?









Oh wow. Ok. I honestly can't remember the last time I read a book in one sitting, let alone stayed up all night because I couldn't put it down. But that's exactly what happened with this book.

Eliah Greenwood is a new-to-me author, and I'm so very glad I found this book!

I have absolutely no complaints about this book. I loved every moment of it. I found this to be an interesting twist on the enemies to lovers trope and it was done well. Instead of the girl being bullied from page 1 and later accepted into the popular crowd, it was the reverse. Her bff was dating one of the popular guys, and she was accepted by association. It was only later after something happens that she starts getting bullied by the same people that had previously accepted her. It actually had a more realistic feel to it than some of the other bully/enemies to lovers books. Now, I'm not complaining, I'm completely addicted to enemies to lovers and I've been really into the bully romances lately...this was just a refreshing change.

I loved the way the letter and then text messages developed between them. I loved reading their interactions and I was dying to see how they discovered the other person's identity. I had a love/hate relationship with her bff Dia. I'm both curious about her story but at the same time, I just don't care. I'm holding a grudge for some of the crap she pulled during this book. The one other issue I had was Vee's mom. She was absolutely awful. Yes, there was a come to Jesus talk in the book between Aveena, her sister and their mom, but like I said, I hold grudges against fictional characters and their mom was so awful for so long that she was forgiven to quickly.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to read more from the author!



No comments:

Post a Comment