Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Half-human and half-Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul.


UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLY AWESOME! I abso-effin-lutley love this book! Right now, I am wishing I had a better relationship with words so I could describe how amazingly awesome this book is! Alas, my eloquence is unreliable so I'll just have to make due with what I got... To start, I am now a major fan of Thea Harrison! She has been placed in my Top 5 Favorite Author category. (Which I will be adding to my shelf list as soon as I'm done with this review.) :)

This is one of those books that has everything. The plot is very well written and, importantly, original. I love the alternate universe. I like how its described along the way and not all at once and with the bombardment of unnecessary details. The book itself was a little on the longer side, compared to others I've read lately anyway, but really there's nothing that could be taken out. I actually wish there had been more. I was really not ready for it to end and I caught myself slowing down at the end to prolong the ride. And oh what a ride it was! Since my venture into all the different types romance books, I have found that I love a good 'bad boy' and even the domineering alpha type too. Dragos was all that rolled into one hot as sin, fire breathing dragon straight from my wildest dreams. He was so in charge and at time freakin hilarious I fell in love with yet another fictional character. Pia is the most awesome chick evvah! She has definitely ranked in the top of my fave female leads. All her internal banter had me in stitches, which was great since a lot of times the internal dialogue in books can get boring and monotonous real quick. The relationship between Dragos and Pia was just awesome. They were funny, they were hot as hell in bed and the fact that they had only known each other for like a week before their feelings were announced didn't bother me like some 'in love in two days' stories can.

O.k so there's an awesome plot that you can't get enough of; characters very well written that make you lol on numerous occasion (loved it); drama to keep you guessing; sex that makes you need a shower when its done *wags brows*; is there anything else?...

One of my absolute number one favorite things about this book was how we were kept wondering what the hell Pia was! I don't know if I was so absorbed that I should have guessed sooner and missed it due to my natural blondness or if it was just that well written. I'm gonna go with the latter... just sayin! I like all the different types of beings. It's nice to read a paranormal that has more than just the typical vampire and werewolf beings in it.

So to sum it all up, in case it wasn't too obvious, I love this book and I think everyone who likes hunky bossy men or strong female leads or paranormals... ok the list goes on. EVERYONE should read this book! :D

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
In case its not clear, this next bit should only be read if you want one of the best secrets of this book spoiled!


This was my pic that made me think of Pia in here Wyr form! **Don't look unless you've read the book! It will SPOIL the surprise!!!**


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment