Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Forged in Steele (KGI, #7) by Maya Banks

Book Description:

The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government can’t…

Steele, a KGI team leader, is an enigma not even his team mates understand. His emotions are tightly locked down and nothing can break that icy exterior. Nothing except Maren Scofield, a doctor on a mission, a woman who has gotten under Steele’s skin and threatens to crack that unflappable cool he’s legendary for.

Steele is determined not to allow Maren past his carefully guarded defenses, but when she’s in danger, there’s no way he’ll allow anyone else to protect her. She’s hiding something. He’s sure of it. But he isn’t prepared for the shocking discovery her secrets reveal. Or how they will forever alter the course of his destiny. He has a decision to make. Hold tight and shut her out. Or take a chance on something more powerful than he’s ever faced. Love.






 

Can I just say that Steele has been one of those characters that, throughout this series, has been so mysterious and quietly reserved, that you just knew, when we got to his book it was gonna be explosive! And boy was it! After Shades of Gray, which I absolutely loved, I was so ready for Steele! SOG was one of the more intense and gripping and heartbreaking of the KGI books. It also had the least amount of sex too. SOG left me feeling so terrible for P.J and what she went through, that I was ready for a book that would take that feeling away. I was also ready for more sex ;) Steele and Maren's story was just what I needed to get back on track with this series! It was classic KGI. Man can't get woman out of his head so he takes what he wants. And oh boy Steele took what he wanted. I'm still on fire and I finished it a while ago!!! Maya really went above and beyond in the smexxy department here! But hey, it is the 'Ice-Man' we're talking about here. The perfect woman to melt his frosty façade was bound to come along! Maren was a kickass strong heroine who was said perfect woman! She rocked and I loved her. When shit got tough and pretty effin scary, she pulled her big girl panties up and chugged right along, doing what she had to to stay safe and alive, knowing it might take a while, but her man was coming for her. And he did. Steele tore the world apart when Maren was kidnapped. I had kind of a Rio flashback when Maren's disappearance was discovered, Steele was first to declare that was his mission and everyone else could basically screw themselves cuz nobody was stopping him from taking it! *dreamy sigh* I just love me some alpha heroes! ;) Anywho... I was very happy with how this story unfolded. There was A LOT of action. And it was very well written. The helicopter scene had me holding my breath and on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next. (That would be awesome in a movie!) I will admit that for a minute or two after I finished I couldn't decide if I wanted to rate this one 4 or 5 stars. This is because even though Steele only showed his softer side to Maren, there were a few times I had to roll my eyes at the utter sweetness of it. That sounds odd I know, but I just couldn't see Steele, the man who hardly ever says more than a few words throughout the other books and is known as the Ice-Man, softening up so much and saying some of the sweetest things to Maren. But after thinking about it I decided 5 it is. I have loved every book in this series and aside from the sweetness factor, this one was no exception! The writing was fabulous, like always, and the story was non stop. There was never a good stopping point; if I could have read it straight through I would have. (stupid RL interfering) So for that alone I think it is worth 5 stars! 

And just so everyone out there knows... I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT TIL DECEMBER FOR VAN'S BOOK!!!!!  


P.S Not only do we learn Steele's first name (I can't remember if it has ever been mentioned before...) But he has A TATTOO!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment