Monday, April 28, 2014

REVIEW: Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

13453301Until the Sun Falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Leah Buchanan’s family has been in service to vampires for five centuries. Even so, Leah wants nothing to do with her family’s legacy. But when she’s summoned to her Selection by the Vampire Dominion, under familial pressure, she has no choice but to go.

Lucien has been living under the strict edicts of the Vampire Dominion for centuries but he’s tired of these ancient laws stripping away everything that is the essence of the vampire.

So he’s taking it back.

And this is because Lucien has been watching and waiting for decades for Leah to become available for a Selection and he will not be limited with what he can do with her. He will have her, all of her.

Therefore, Lucien is going to tame Leah, even if he gets hunted and killed for doing it.

What neither Leah nor Lucien expects is the strong bond that will form between them, connecting them on unprecedented levels for mortals or immortals. And what will grow between them means they will challenge their ways of life and their union will begin The Prophesies which makes them one of three couples who will save humanity… or die in the effort.



http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png



 



Until the Sun falls from the Sky by Kristen Ashley

I was really surprised by this book. I’ve read quite a few KA novels now but I was still leery about reading her paranormal series. It’s been my experience that there aren’t many authors that do contemporary and paranormal well. Either one or the other. Or maybe I just like their one or the other. Either way, I typically don’t have good luck with authors that do multiple genres.

So color me surprised (pleasantly so) that I enjoyed this book. Lucien was still a typical KA alpha that drove me nuts on occasion. One in particular where I wanted to neuter him and potentially go all Queen of Hearts on him. He explained what happened, but I still wasn’t happy. Another issue I had with Lucien was his him calling Leah “Pet”. I really didn’t like that name. Especially after certain QoH events. I just felt like that name was a slap in the face to her.

I typically like KA heroines. And while I did like Leah, I did have an issue with her. I liked her character until I found out her age. Now, before that upsets anyone, let me explain. I doesn’t bother me that KA typically has older characters. I usually expect that. But my issue with Leah was she was fine and dandy until I found out her age because she was immature. Her actions were of someone in their 20s, not their 40s. So when I found out she was in her 40s, it was off-putting because of how she acted. I get why she was in her 40s, the long wait Lucien had and all that, but I believe she would have been better as someone in their 20s.

But Lucien and Leah did have some amazingly hot chemistry. And I couldn’t help but root for them. And I’m definitely looking forward to the next book of the series.



View all my reviews on Goodreads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment