Tuesday, April 22, 2014

REVIEW: Sweet Home by Tillie Cole

18105011Sweet Home by Tillie Cole
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

At age twenty, Molly Shakespeare knows a lot.

She knows Descartes and Kant.

She knows academia and Oxford.

She knows that the people who love you leave you.

She knows how to be alone.

But when Molly leaves England's grey skies behind to start a new life at the University of Alabama, she finds that she has a lot to learn — she didn't know a summer could be so hot, she didn't know students could be so intimidating, and she certainly didn't know just how much the folks of Alabama love their football.

When a chance encounter with notorious star quarterback, Romeo Prince, leaves her unable to think of anything but his chocolate-brown eyes, dirty-blond hair and perfect physique, Molly soon realises that her quiet, solitary life is about to dramatically change forever...

Mature New Adult novel — contains adult content, highly sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up*


http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png



 



I actually feel bad for that rating because I think it was more me than the book that had issues. It started out really awesome. I was hooked, I liked the characters, the story was flowing nicely. But somewhere around 50% my mood changed and I just wasn't into it anymore. I started thinking about other books and what I wanted to read and the drive to sit and read this just wasn't there. And it wasn't like the characters took a drastic change in personalities or anything...it was all me.

I was surprised at how alpha Rome was. It wasn't bad, just unexpected.

I loved the initial banter between Rome and Molly. It made for some interesting battles between them.

And their chemistry was off the charts. I thought it was so sweet that Molly was Rome's good luck charm and he had to have a kiss before every game.

Even though this wasn't a home run at this time for me, I'll definitely still check out the second book in this series.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment