Saturday, April 19, 2014

REVIEW: An American Werewolf in Hoboken by Dakota Cassidy

21894206An American Werewolf in Hoboken by Dakota Cassidy
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Wooing a life mate can be hard enough for a wolf, wooing one while under the threat of a curse even more so.

Wooing a mate while pretending to be her dog? Nearly impossible.

After being drugged and captured by Animal Control, Max Adams is on Hoboken's doggie death row when his life mate adopts him, takes him home, and promptly names him Fluffy. While JC, in all her new-pet-owner-ness, feeds "Fluffy" vile kibble, dresses him in mortifying dog couture, and schedules to have his manhood removed, Max's human side gets to know JC. Especially in the biblical sense. Hopefully well enough to make her fall madly in love, mate with him under the full moon, and move with him to Cedar Glen to live happily every after forever and ever amen. And fast.

Because the curse comes with a deadline...and the clock is ticking.

***Author Note: Dear readers, Please note, if you recognize this title, this book, originally published in 2006, is a rerelease and has been updated, revised and expanded.









Nikki: Omg! I just read this in one sitting! I seriously couldn't put it down! It was the funniest, sexiest paranormal I've read in for-eh-vah!

Lindsay: LOL. It was good, and what's even more amazing is I finished this in one sitting, before you and I started after you! :P

Nikki: Really... You had to go and rub that in didn't you! :P

Lindsay: LOL. Why, yes, yes I did. Because it's true! I can't help that your snacking took time away from the hotness that was Max and Fluffy. ;)

Nikki: LMAO. Hey! Food is important too! Max was pretty hot, and I liked Fluffy too! :D

Lindsay: LOL. Fluffy made the book for me. I loved his reactions to things. He kept me laughing throughout the whole book.

Nikki: I agree. The vet scene alone was quite possibly the funniest part ever!

Lindsay: I have to say that I found JC's reaction predictable, but completely understandable. I probably would have reacted the same way.

Nikki: Yes. I couldn't blame her for freaking out but I was glad that she got over it relatively quickly. It could have been a lot worse.

Lindsay: I agree, it could have been a lot worse. I have to say that I was surprised by the little twist near the end. I didn't see it coming. And don't get me started on the set up for the next book! OMG. I'm dying to read the next one!

Nikki: Lol I felt the same way! So much so, I was moved to do a little author stalking to find out just exactly when we would be getting to read about Derrick!

Lindsay: Hm. I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.

Nikki: LMAO. No wity comeback about me and my stalker tendencies?

Lindsay: No, apparently not. I guess I'm used to it. ;)

Nikki: I can't decided if I should laugh, blush or hide.

Lindsay: LOL. Maybe all three?

Nikki: *hard stare emoticon*

Lindsay: ROTFL. Stare all you want. I stand by it! :P

Nikki: Ha. Ha ;)

And on that note, we'll wrap this up by saying that this is a must read for anyone that loves to laugh, loves werewolves and paranormal romances.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment