Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: Scars and Stripes by Tiffany Reisz

21400273 by 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 
The Last Good Knight: An Original Sinners novella told in five parts.

Part I: Scars and Stripes

It's lust at first sight when Mistress Nora encounters a sexy newcomer to The 8th Circle. She's happy for the distraction, since she left her lover, Søren, but her session with Lance is cut short when her boss, Kingsley Edge, reveals they're all in danger….







★★★★★ 5 Stars! ★★★★★

PERFECTION. Tiffany Reisz has done it again- Not that I expected anything less than brilliant. The woman is a God when it comes to writing and it would honestly be impossible to hate anything she releases. ...And let me just go ahead and say that I'm completely astounded with the fact that she was able to add so much development and depth when it came to her characters and story in only a matter of thirty pages or so. You wouldn't even think that'd be possible, but she most definitely proved me wrong.

I'll make this review short, sweet and straight to the point because I don't want to give much away- With that being said, if you haven't read The Original Sinners series then I wouldhighly recommend that you don't read these novellas yet. The fact that I was already so invested in the history of these characters really helped me understand, love and appreciate this novella all the more. 

So as you already know, Nora is the Queen Bee of all Dominatrix's in The 8th Circle BDSM club. She was allowed to treat men like sexual objects because that's what's expected of her and that's what she was paid to do. She was treated like the queen she was and her experience and expertise proved why.


In this novella, Nora meets Lance... *sigh* He's a Navy SEAL and he loves to worship women... Need I say more? He's a submissive, which I initially thought would be a turn-off since I typically like my men extremely bad-ass and domineering. Yet, it worked for me in this novel and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The relationship she formed with him truly brought out that feisty attitude we all love so much about Nora, not to mention all her snarky comments as well.

If you've already read The Original Sinners series then you're already aware of Nora's fate, but there's no doubt in my mind that had situations and circumstances been different, she would have had Lance kneeling at her feet until the end of time. 

Tiffany Reisz continues to rock my world with every book she releases- Mistress Nora is by far one of my favorite heroines to date and The Original Sinners series is jam packed with more favorite characters of mine, which is definitely reason enough to never pass up the opportunity to read more about her, Kinglsey or Soren.

★PS: This novella ends with a huge cliff-hanger and under normal circumstances, that would piss me the hell off. However Tiffany Reisz makes up for the abrupt ending by releasing the rest of the novellas all in a span of five consecutive days.







No comments:

Post a Comment