Thursday, July 18, 2019

REVIEW: Bossman by Vi Keeland


Image may contain: 1 person, text




31140847. sy475 The first time I met Chase Parker, I didn’t exactly make a good impression.

I was hiding in the bathroom hallway of a restaurant, leaving a message for my best friend to save me from my awful date.

He overheard and told me I was a bitch, then proceeded to offer me some dating advice.

So I told him to mind his own damn business—his own tall, gorgeous, full-of-himself damn business—and went back to my miserable date.

When he walked by my table, he smirked, and I watched his arrogant, sexy ass walk back to his date.

I couldn’t help but sneak hidden glances at the condescending jerk on the other side of the room. Of course, he caught me on more than one occasion, and winked.

When the gorgeous stranger and his equally hot date suddenly appeared at our table, I thought he was going to rat me out.

But instead, he pretended we knew each other and joined us—telling elaborate, embarrassing stories about our fake childhood.

My date suddenly went from boring to bizarrely exciting.

When it was over and we parted ways, I thought about him more than I would ever admit, even though I knew I’d never see him again.

I mean, what were the chances I’d run into him again in a city with eight million people?
Then again…

What were the chances a month later he’d wind up being my new sexy boss?













This book was absolutely amazing. I honestly can't say why I put off reading it for so long. It's been sitting on my kindle for almost 3 years (which is bizarre to me. It seems like just yesterday it came out)...but I was in the beginnings of a book funk and I just sat there flipping through my kindle, looking for something to read. Usually, I look at a book, look it up on GR and then decide but something about this book just screamed at me that THIS IS THE BOOK. So I opened it and never looked back.

From page 1, I was hooked. I was laughing and had a goofy grin on my face, KNOWING that this book was going to be magic. Even as I read at work (shhhh!), I had to muffle my giggles when something funny happened so I didn't give myself away.

Chase and Reese had amazing chemistry. I loved every moment they were on the page together. They had an instant connection, and I loved the stories Chase came up with. One of my favorite things was how much of a slow burn this was. Time was spent with Chase and Reese getting to know each other before jumping into bed. that's not to say it wasn't hot, because it was, but I actually felt like something was building between them, something good.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Vi Keeland, text

One of the best things about this book was that Chase and Reese actually TALKED. One of my biggest pet peeves in books lately is lack of communication about the big issues between characters, and that being the driving drama for the whole book. I get needing time to process, maybe not being ready but at the same time, when that's the only thing driving the drama, and you can clearly see that if they just TALKED things would be worked out...I get frustrated. That didn't happen here. There were a couple times early on in the book where I wondered if things would get hidden from the other person since it was just alluded to to the reader, but I was more than pleasantly surprised when both Reese and Chase were forthcoming about their issues to each other. I'm not saying the conversations were easy, or the scenes were a blow off of the issues but they talked. They worked through things together. And that was refreshing.

With that said, there was one part where Chase didn't talk. He didn't give a reason for what he was doing. and while under other circumstances I'd be irritated, in this case, he'd had a shock, he was working through stuff, and he'd been so open throughout the rest of the book that I can give this one to him. His silence didn't last long, he finally spilled his guts and things worked out between him and Reese.

Overall, this book was absolutely amazing and I can't recommend it enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment