Monday, July 29, 2019

REVIEW: Scandalous by LJ Shen

36286395. sy475 Scandalous by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

They call him The Mute for a reason.
Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.
When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be









This book was sooo good!

I couldn't put it down and basically read it in one sitting. I'm not sure what it was about this book that wasn't quite 5 star worthy but there was something.

I loved the first scene between Trent and Edie. She thought she was in the clear until he caught her.

I did love the back and forth between them. Edie gave as good as she got, never intimidated by Trent. The game they had going was definitely amusing. There were a few moments when I was literally reading with my eyes covered because they were OMG moments but I just couldn't put this down.

I will admit, there was one scene that some people might find questionable. it wasn't cheating...they weren't together, but he did set it up so she would catch him screwing another woman. And this was direct retaliation because Edie lied about having slept with someone else. Let me say it again, Edie and Trent were NOT together at this point. Flirting had happened, but nothing else. 

I loved the interactions between Trent and his daughter. And even between Edie and Trent's daughter. Trent could be so cold, but he was adorable with his daughter.

I definitely enjoyed this book, and I'm loving this author. I can't wait for the next book!



No comments:

Post a Comment