Tuesday, April 21, 2020

REVIEW: One Moment Please by Amy Daws


43582648. sx318One Moment Please by Amy Daws
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

That awkward moment when an ER doctor has to inform you that you’re pregnant…with his baby.

Three things Lynsey Jones knows about the hot doctor: he’s grouchy, an arrogant jerk, and strangely obsessed with pie.

Three things Dr. Dick knows: he doesn’t talk about his past, he doesn’t do relationships, and the crazy girl in the hospital cafeteria who ate a fistful of French silk pie…is annoyingly irresistible.

After a chance meetup at a bar and a heated cab ride together, things come to a head and now instead of hating each other, they’re horizontal in a bed.

Three months later, the weird cafeteria stalker who crept out of Dr. Dick’s house like a thief in the night, winds up as his patient in the ER after her Tinder date from hell.

Dr. Dick is prepared to keep it cool and professional. That is until her bloodwork reveals that she’s pregnant.

What really throws him for a loop…is that the surprise baby…is his.








I’ve been looking forward to this book since I saw the first teaser for it. I don’t know why, but I’m a sucker for the doctor/patient romances. One of my all time favorite books is Wrong by Jana Aston, so when I find book with the same(ish) trope, I’m all for it. And that was the case with this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I did listen to the audio book and found it to be entertaining. I love dually narrated books, but I couldn’t help but feel like an opportunity was missed. Maybe I’ve just been spoiled by Mariana Zapata books, but I love it when the dual narration happens in conversation format as well as in POVs.

I definitely found Dr. Dick aka Josh to live up to his name. He was a jerk. Good news is I enjoy jerk heroes. I liked the scenes where he and Lynsey (ok, so you know how hard it is to type that?!)…anyway, I like the scenes where they would bicker, they were so much fun to read. But Josh was definitely way harsh at times, where I just wanted to smack him.

My biggest issue with Lynsey was that her name was spelled incorrectly. I think that was the biggest reason I avoided actually reading this on my kindle as I listened. It was just so hard to see that horrible error (ok, this is only an error to me because I spell my name differently, but I stand by my feelings!).

I’ll admit, I was a little disappointed in what the secret was that Josh was hiding. I’m not trying to diminish what he went through, or grief because everyone grieves differently, but I kept thinking that his secret was going to be…more. I thought for sure he had lost a child, or maybe a wife and unborn baby. I did figure out the general aspect of the secret but it was kind of predictable.

Overall, I did enjoy this book, and the audio book was definitely a fun experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment