Saturday, April 11, 2020

WELCOME BACK and REVIEW: Seek by Amabel Daniels

Welcome back! 

So, it's been a hot minute since I've been on the blog. A lot has been going on, for me (and the world in general). I had a hard time getting back into reading for a while, and even when I did get back into reading I wasn't in the headspace to review anything. So I've spent the last couple of months just...existing, and reading anything and everything. There have been a few books that gave me such feels that I wanted to write a review but the reviews never materialized. And that's ok. I knew I wasn't there. 

So all of that scared me when I was offered a review copy of the book I'm going to talk about today. I love this author and her books, so I knew I'd end up liking the book (I have yet to find a book by her that I didn't like!)...so I knew that I'd like her book but I was also a little unsure if I was mentally ready to review something. But, I wouldn't know until I tried. 

So that brings me to this book. Seek (Project Xol #1) by Amabel Daniels

Ok, so first impressions...HAVE YOU SEEN THAT COVER!?!?!? 😍😍😍

51932012. sy475 I've read almost everything that Amabel Daniels has published, and I've enjoyed everything I've read (even the one that made me mentally live in nature *shudders*), so when she offered me an advanced copy of this book, I couldn't say no. 

So, the blurb: 

It’s been months since Cassidy Shaw has heard from her mother, Rosa, a world-renown scientist. When she does, it’s in the form of an urgent edict to retrieve a key. Arriving at Rosa’s apartment in Cincinnati, Cassidy encounters strangers. One man who seems determined to silence her. The other, could he be her savior?


Luke Dixon enters the fray, believing his neighbor is being attacked. Never one to ignore someone in distress, he’s then shocked to realize he’s the one needing rescue. Bound together through violence, Cassidy and Luke must come to trust each other as they embark on a search, armed only with the key and Rosa’s cryptic directions. It’s a journey with unexpected answers and decades-old research. A search with more questions…and a lethal enemy who returns when least expected.


I knew going into this book that it was going to heavily focus on the suspense part of the story, so I expected that. I was definitely pulled into the story and on the edge of my seat to find out what was going on with Rosa and who was after Luke and Cassidy. The action starts in chapter one and keeps going until the last page. Honestly, when I got to the last page, I thought something glitched with my kindle because it just ended. 




So, I knew that this was a series but I wasn't anticipating a cliffhanger. I mean, my bad...but OMG THAT CLIFF!!!!!!

I should have anticipated the cliffhanger because the further I got into the book, the more I wondered how the book would be wrapped up in the short time that was left in the book. I will say that the cliffhanger is great in the sense that it provides more time to build the relationship between Cassidy and Luke. I'm definitely intrigued by their relationship and would love to see how it builds and grows. 

I definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to find out what happens next!









No comments:

Post a Comment