Wednesday, August 7, 2013

REVIEW: Seize Me by Crystal Spears

Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)Seize Me by Crystal Spears
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father. One day, her father does the unspeakable. When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.

No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada. Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has. Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county. While working a shift, Pyro, Lana’s long time crush, propositions Winter. He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck. She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.

When Winter’s eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized. He is everything she is running from but at the same time, everything she wants. Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter’s life.

Rivals of Braxxon’s club are vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood. Winter's and Braxxon’s relationship is anything but a normal one. If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.

What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter’s father locating her? It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.

***WARNING***

This novel contains explicit language, sex, drugs, abuse and some sexual situations.



For readers 18 & up!




 

I hadn't planned on reading this. I had actually been struggling for the last few days on what to read. There were a few books I wanted but none that really called to me. I was fearing a book funk in the worst way. I can't even remember how I came across Seize Me, but after reading the blurb, then a couple reviews, an excerpt and the amazon preview, I was hooked, reeled in and down for the count. And whatever other phrases that mean I was on a mission to get this book read and as fast as possible! After the amazon preview was done I immediately one clicked and picked up where I left off and this book kept my old ass up till almost 6 am. I meant to stop after only a few more chapters. Then at 50% / 5 am I was gonna put it down. The next thing I know I'm around 70% and watching the darkness fade through the window. I knew some sleep would be better than no sleep, so alas I had to part ways with Brax (yummo) and Winter. Now normally this wouldn't be so bad, but I have two kids who like to get up early and are in that phase where they don't like naps - which means I don't get to nap. See my dilemma?!

This book completely consumed me! I was so engrossed, I never had a chance to take notes or highlight anything or make any status updates; I was too busy trying to devour every last page! Like I said, I was hooked from page one. I loved this author's style completely. There were some really touchy topics and I felt she did a fabulous job with the delivery. I really thought I'd have a problem with the cheating and drugs but I honestly didn't. This author is effing awesome! :)

Let's talk about the tough stuff.

Rape: This scene was dark, ugly gruesome and powerful. It was dirty and gritty and completely broke my heart. It was a hard scene to read but when Winter got her revenge, and boy did she, I felt vindicated right along with her. Girl does it good! A little psycho maybe, but good.

Cheating: 99.9% of the time I can't stomach cheating in books. It makes my hands all clammy and my tummy hurt. But for some unknown but welcome reason, that was not the case here. The first time, even though Winter told him to have sex with Dizzy since she [Winter] was unable to satisfy his needs since she was still messed up from her rape, I wanted to because it was just a dumb move on his part and the only saving grace was how awful and wrong he felt immediately afterwards. The second time, was when he got a blowjob behind the counter from her kinda friend Bom Bom right where she would see, I wanted to Brax because he was being a stupid jealous ass. But his reaction to Winter's reaction made me want to so it was all good. I liked that she didn't put up with his biker badass stupidity either! [even though Winter told him to have sex with Dizzy since she [Winter] was unable to satisfy his needs since she was still messed up from her rape (hide spoiler)][a blowjob behind the counter from her kinda friend Bom Bom right where she would see (hide spoiler)]

 
    "Brax, when I'm ready, you're the only man who will touch me. If you want that to stay true then I'm gonna have to be the only one who touches you too, okay?" "Alright Angel. My cock belongs to you"
 


Braxxon Breaker. This is one biker that I could read about over and over. He was hot. He was badass. He also had a sweet side that he let out on rare occasions. He was captivated by Winter from the moment he laid eyes on her.
 
    "I need my Angel in my Hell"
 

And while their relationship had some pretty harsh blows right from the start, he never walked away. They had to deal with things most long term relationships would find difficult to handle. Even though Brax had a few weak moments where he definitely needed a Gibbs head slap, overall he was one of the most committed bikers and stayed true to his woman. I really liked that. Plus he was really hot. Oh, did I already mention that?! ;) Tattoos and a double lip piercing...

Winter Belov was born into the Russian mafia. After her father commits a heinous act, she flees to the other side of the country to live her life her way. Little did she know, that accepting a gig to dance for the president of a motorcycle club would change everything.
 
    "In that moment where my mind, body and soul are assaulted, I know that I'll never be the same again. Braxxon has seized me, and something tells me he isn't letting me go."
 


She tries to stay away, not wanting anything to do with his lifestyle. But being drawn to him, she just can't. One thing I really loved about Winter was that no matter what hand she was dealt, and there were some pretty shitty ones, she rolled with the punches and picked herself back up and moved forward. She was a strong woman and she did what was necessary to live. She didn't take crap from anyone, especially Brax. I have to admit, I kinda had a girl crush goin on. :)

This book seriously had it all for me. Great writing, non stop story line that had me needing to know what was gonna be thrown at them next. Great supporting characters that I really can't wait to read about in future books! And while I'm on that, can I just say the teaser for ZZ's book was awesome and I need it now! :) There were a few minor editing issues that were easily overlooked and didn't bother me at all. I loved that the dialogue was realistic too! I have only one bone to pick about this book. And its a pretty big spoiler so proceed with caution! I really fucking hated that Lana was killed off. There I was going along loving the hell out of this book and when that happened I almost threw my kindle. I was livid. I know those Russian assholes were crazy and that was something they had to do, but I really hoped Lana would survive. I almost took a star away for this, that's how upset I was. But, once I got to the end I just couldn't. This book took me through the ringer emotionally. It was so well done it deserved all 5 stars so that's what I gave it. Ms. Spears has definitely snagged herself a new fan in me. I will be reading Withstanding Me as soon as it comes out! Which is hopefully very soon! :)[ I really fucking hated that Lana was killed off. There I was going along loving the hell out of this book and when that happened I almost threw my kindle. I was livid. I know those Russian assholes were crazy and that was something they had to do, but I really hoped Lana would survive. (hide spoiler)]

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment