Wednesday, August 21, 2013

REVIEW: Black Heart (Cursed Hearts #1) by R.L. Mathewson

Black Heart (Cursed Hearts, #1)Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description:

There was something seriously wrong with Marty. That was the only explanation that she could come up with. Why else would she feel this way for the biggest SOB in town? Granted, he was also the hottest man in town, but he was also arrogant, callous, and determined to drive her away even as he drove her crazy with his touch. She should just walk away from him and probably would if it wasn’t for this connection that she’d always had with him that kept making her want more with the one man that couldn’t give her anything more than heartache.

He should have left and never looked back when he’d decided to finally do the right thing and push Marty out of his life, but instead he stuck around to torture himself by staying close to the one woman that he could never allow himself to have. She deserved better than him, better than the tortured existence that he led and better than the horrifying future that waited for him.












I don’t know what to say about this book beyond saying it was AWESOME! (Yes, it deserves all caps.)

R.L. Mathewson is an amazing writer. She knows how to suck me into a story and keep hold of me until the last page. And her books always stick with me long after I’ve finished them.

I’ll admit that I was a little hesitant about this book when I first heard about it. I shouldn’t have been since I’ve never read a bad book by Mathewson, but this was a new series; not one that has been out and had multiple books. I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if it would disappoint me. But, that didn’t stop me from snatching it up and devouring it at the first opportunity I had.

But once I started, I couldn’t put it down. I loved Tristan. Yes, he was a jerk, but I still loved him. And I wanted him to get the girl he wanted. I really liked Marty. She was a strong woman but I kept yelling at her to give Tristan a chance. I wanted them together. And I love their families. They were just awesome and loving. R.L. Mathewson is great at writing fun, loving and real families.

I won’t spoil the twist to the book, I’ll just say that there is a twist…a couple of them really. The first one I loved. It was something different for the author. And while I was a little leery at first about the second twist, it grew on me. I can’t wait to read more from this series.


View all my reviews on Goodreads.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment