Sunday, August 18, 2013

REVIEW: Breathe (Colorado Mountain #4) by Kristen Ashley


Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)Breathe by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description

When the local police department's secrets are revealed and the wife he's forced to marry is murdered, Chace finds himself the town of Carnal's hero. Knowing how deep in the mud he was forced to sink, Chace feels he'll never get clean. The quiet, content future he envisioned of the love a good woman with whom he could build a family was now beyond his reach. The only thing he can do is find his wife's murderer.

But he isn't the only one looking.

While searching for new leads, he runs into Faye Goodknight, the town's quiet, shy, pretty librarian. Chace has long since had his eye on what could possibly be the town's last remaining virgin but he has also long since given up hope he could make her his. Faye is pure and clean and Chace refuses to dirty her with his sordid past.

Pure and clean Faye may be, but when the shy librarian is forced to go head to head with the man who she's had a crush on since he hit her hometown, Chace finds Faye is full of surprises. And he doesn't know what to do with her.









Actual rating 4.5

Let’s see…
• Geeky girl ✔
• Loves to read ✔
• Shy ✔
• Obsessed with her favorite tv shows ✔
• Has online friends she talks to all the time ✔

Hmm…I think I need to start checking my house for bugs and cameras because I’m starting to think this book was about me. ;)

But seriously, I could definitely relate to Faye. While I’m not in to sci fi I can relate to Faye getting online and chatting about her favorite shows. Because I used to chat on the message boards about one of my favorite shows. And, because I love GR. I love talking about my obsessions with people that have the same obsessions. :)

However, my one issue with Faye was that in the beginning of the book she seemed really immature for her age. I had no problems with her being innocent. I actually liked that about her (she was different from all the other heroines I’ve read in Kristen Ashley’s books…and there haven’t been that many). But it just seemed odd that for a 29 year old woman that reads romance novels, she was so innocent and naïve. And you can’t even claim that they were clean romances because she even says that they are steamy and they would leave her excited. She even turned to Chace after reading them because they were so steamy. So, that just didn’t work for me. But that was really my only complaint.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked Chace and loved that I got dual POVs in it. For me, dual POVs make all the differences in Kristen Ashley’s books. Chace didn’t annoy me as much as some other KA guys and the couple times that he did, it wasn’t as bad because I saw inside his head.

And I loved that while Faye was a total push over when it came to Chace, she also wasn’t afraid to stand up to him and put him in his place when the situation called for it. After she met his mom was probably one of my favorite scenes because she told him how it was and what she wouldn’t stand for. And it opened his eyes when nothing else would have worked. She really called his bluff and I was standing up cheering for her through the whole scene.

Overall, this was a good read. Not my favorite by the author but it was still really good.

My Faye and Chace:



Definitely the anthem of the book: 



View all my reviews on Goodreads


 

No comments:

Post a Comment