Monday, June 20, 2022

Review: Where Our Turn Begins by A.M. Wilson


Where Our Turn Begins (Arrow Creek, #4)Where Our Turn Begins by A.M. Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Caiti Harris thought her story ended the night her husband died.

She packed their history away like trinkets in an old box and held steadfast to the ache. Life granted her one love, and after he was cruelly ripped away, she knew there wouldn’t be anyone else.

When a tempting bartender invites her to stay for a drink after closing, she agrees to one night, not a lifetime commitment. His sinful smile promises to chase away the pain of the past while his chiseled body guarantees to ward off the unrelenting chill.

Her love life ended, but that doesn’t mean she’s sentenced to an existence of total solitude.

Dane’s world is exactly the way he wants. Tidy. He keeps a watchful eye over his bar, and remains a pillar for the people he cares for most. So when the woman he’s dreamt about for three years shows up at his door with a toddler in tow, he’s ready for the challenge. The two come as a package deal.

Caiti only wants to establish a connection with him in the event something happens to her. A backup plan to keep their daughter safe. She didn’t expect to be whisked away in an ambulance before she could explain her sudden return to Arrow Creek.

Dane’s vision soars beyond an eighteen year commitment. He sees a lifetime of settling down. And he’s not ready to give up his turn without a fight for their daughter.

Or her.



I literally just finished this book. I’m sitting here almost in tears because it was just so amazing and I loved it so much and I wish I could read it for the first time all over again.

This is kinda personal but I feel the need to share. I’ve been dealing with some anxiety and depression lately and it’s been hard to find books to hold my interest. I can’t count the number that I’ve started and couldn’t finish. I even did a reread of a super favorite that I’ve read so many times and it usually takes a day or two, but this time around it took more like three or four. I’ve been in a slump. I happened to see a tiktok with a line from Where Our Turn Begins and it really caught my eye so I had to one click. I’m so glad I did!

Ok so the reason I shared above about my personal struggle is because the heroine, Caiti, is also struggling with severe anxiety and panic attacks. She’s lost her husband and isn’t coping well. She meets the hero, Dane, and they have a one night stand that results in a surprise baby. Three years later, with the anxiety getting worse and worse, and having a creepy stalker around, Caiti decided she needs to make contingency plans for her daughter, should something happen to her. So she shows up on Dane’s doorstep in full blown panic attack. Thus begins their reacquaintance and him learning he has a child.

I liked Caiti a lot. I could actually relate to her in some ways and I really felt her struggle. I definitely connected to this character on an emotional level. There were a few times I wanted her to just give in and tell Dane she was all in, but she needed to go at her pace (not mine lol)

Dane. He may be the best hero I’ve read in so long! I loved him! LOVED. HIM. He was amazing. He was possessive, protective and total alpha male but also laid back and easy going. Until you mess with one of his girls. He was upset to learn he’d missed 2.5 years of his child’s life, but he was never ugly to Caiti about it. He had a very 'it is what it is and let’s move forward’ attitude. It was so refreshing! He wanted to be a part of both his girls’ lives and was so understanding about Caiti’s anxiety and her lingering grief for her dead husband. He never tried to get her to just let it go and move on, he just wanted to help her heal so she could live. It was incredibly beautiful. They had arguments, they had sexy times and they had sweet times. Ophelia was the cutest two and a half year old fictional character lol. I just really needed this book right now and I’m so glad I found it. It was such a good book! 💜

I’m definitely interested in the others in this series so I’ll probably start at the beginning and read them in order… like I normally would do.


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment