Wednesday, June 22, 2022

REVIEW: Crazy Cupid Love by Amanda Heger

 


Crazy Cupid Love by Amanda Heger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Eliza Herman has spent years avoiding her calling as a Descendant of Eros. After all, happily-ever-afters are a myth. But when a family crisis requires her to fill in at her family's Cupid-for-hire shop, Eliza finds herself enchanting couples under the watchful eye of her mentor, Jake Sanders.

After Eliza accidentally enchants Jake instead, they set rules to keep his arrow-struck desire at bay. But some rules are meant to be broken, and before long Eliza is rethinking her stance on true love...until they discover a conspiracy that could destroy thousands of relationships--including their own.








Oh wow. I just came off of one of the worst books I've read in a long time, and I felt the funk setting in. I didn't know what to read, and everything that sounded good turned me off when I went to start it. I was literally scrolling my kindle, just randomly picking books and then I came across this one. Now, when I say I scrolled, I mean I SCROLLED. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there. So that tells you it's been there for a while, just sitting there, forgotten about. Now, I didn't mean to forget about it, but it happened. When I looked at when it was published, it said 2019. And yes, this was an arc from Netgalley. But here's the thing...my mom died suddenly in 2019 and it completely messed me (and my reading) up. So, yeah...books were forgotten about.

But this book was fantastic. I was hooked from page 1 and couldn't put it down. I'm a sucker for anything Greek God related, and Greek gods combined with romance...I'm all in.

I loved Eliza and Jake. They were so much fun together and I loved watching Eliza try to use her Cupid powers for people. And it was fantastic watching all the oopses that happened too.

I will say, I didn't see the big bad coming. The author did a great job of keeping me guessing. I absolutely loved this book and wish there were more out in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment