Saturday, November 13, 2021

REVIEW: Hooked by Emily McIntire

Hooked by Emily McIntire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

He wants revenge, but he wants her more.

Once Upon A Time, there was a little boy.
His belly full of laughter, his life full of joy.
Until one day, something changed; stripped his innocence away.

The hole inside making space for the devil to come and play.

His dreams gone forever, he grew up way too fast.

An endless night of crocodiles, and watches made of glass.

He grew into a villain, the taste of vengeance on his tongue.

Craving to make his enemies pay for the misdeeds they had done.
Instead he found a darling girl, and refused to let her go.
For what better way to make the man pay, than to steal his little shadow.

*Hooked is a full-length, complete standalone and the first in The Never After Series: A collection of fractured fairy tales where the villains get the happy ever after. This is a DARK Contemporary romance (not fantasy) featuring mature themes and content that may not be suitable for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.*








James + Wendy = A damn good book


I saw one of those ad posts on fb with a quote from Hooked and it caught my attention. So I jumped over to Amazon, read the blurb, then immediately one clicked because it sounded right up my alley. I didn’t actually start reading it for a couple days though because I was in the middle of another book. But once I finished, I knew I needed to read this! Let. Me. Tell. You. 👏🏻👏🏻 I freaking LOVED this book! It was gritty. It was dark (but not too dark for me which was awesome). It had all the aspects I love in a book. A storyline that catches you and keeps you… well… Hooked 😉 Seriously, James and Wendy were perfect. Lots of action, both steamy and not lol. Drama and twists and surprises. I mean really… everything a good book needs. There was a point that Hook had a little on edge, he was doing the stupid man grudge thing and I wasn’t sure he’d be able to redeem himself in my eyes, but he did. Man he did! I don’t know why there aren’t more books where the villains get the girl and their hea. This whole concept is genius. Maybe I’ve missed other books out there but I’m on the hunt now because I love a good anti hero getting his hea. Especially one whose violent and willing to burn the world for his lady love! 🥰😍 I can’t wait for the next book in this series!

“And just so we’re clear.” He presses his thumb into my chin. “If someone else touches you, I’ll cut off their hands so they can never touch anything again.” My chest spasms. “You’re so violent.” He grins. “It’s just who I am, darling.”





No comments:

Post a Comment