Wednesday, November 10, 2021

REVIEW: The Plan Commences by Kristen Ashley

The Plan Commences by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

From the unparalleled imagination of New York Times best-selling author Kristen Ashley comes book two in The Rising, an enchanting new fantasy romance series that will sweep you away!

Once upon a time, in a parallel universe, there existed the continent of Triton. The land was filled with beauty, but it was also splintered by war. Out of the chaos grew a conspiracy to reawaken the Beast, a fearsome creature who wrought only tragedy and devastation. The only way to stop him was to fulfill an ancient prophecy: Triton’s four strongest warriors must wed its four most powerful witches, binding all nations together and finally bringing peace to the land.

This is the story of their unions: the quiet maiden Silence and the savage king Mars. The cold warrior Cassius and the fiery witch Elena. The steadfast soldier True and the banished beauty Farah. And the pirate king Aramus and the mysterious queen Ha-Lah. Their unions will not be easy, but each couple must succeed, for the fate of their world is at stake....








I definitely enjoyed this one more than the first. MUCH better. This review will be short because after that ending, I need to jump right into the next book.

I love that the coupes are all coming together. Their communication is definitely improving and many things are being set to right in their respective relationships. There’s still improvements to be made and it’s a work in progress. I currently and loving all 4 couples and have no favorites lol.

I only skimmed one or two chapters this time around. Those of the non essential (in my mind at least) characters. I’ve been hooked in the rest and am anxious to see what’s going to happen next.

Here’s the spoilers….


I'm mad. I'm mad that Mercy, True’s mother, was made to be a cold and unapproachable character in the first book, only for me to warm up to her and actually enjoy her parts for her to be struck down in the end. I’m slightly devastated by this development. It will be more so if his men who were injured in the attack don’t make it.

I had a lot more to say, but my original review didn’t save and honestly I’m too impatient to try to remember what I wrote. I need to start the next book.





No comments:

Post a Comment