Monday, January 9, 2023

REVIEW: Like You Want It by Jillian Liota

 

Like You Want It (Like You, #2)Like You Want It by Jillian Liota
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Book Blurb: 

“Sometimes, wanting someone just isn’t enough.”

I don’t want to believe those words. Because I’ve never fallen for someone like Fin Callaghan. And I can’t imagine that this feeling isn’t enough.

CARLY
To say my first interaction with Fin leaves much to be desired is an understatement. He infuriates me, barely speaks, and glares at me all the time. Not to mention he thinks I’m a mess.

It isn’t in my plans to start to like him. To fall for him. To want something more. But Fin’s past is filled with a pain that makes any kind of us impossible. He can’t seem to figure out what he wants, and truthfully, neither can I.

All I know is that I want more than what he’s willing to give.

FIN
All I should be focusing on is my family as we try to sort through the wounds left by our past mistakes. I have more than enough on my plate, have sacrificed too much to fracture my focus. I shouldn’t allow a woman to get in the way. Especially one like Carly Palmer.

She’s different. Wild. A bright burst of color in my world of black and white. Before I know it, she’s all that I want. All I can think about. But it doesn’t matter. I’ve been through betrayal that still singes my skin, eats at my soul.

I won’t allow it to happen again.

Like You Want It is the second book in the Like You series and is a standalone novel.









Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

While I loved the first book in this series, I didn't enjoy this one quite as much. I really loved Carly, and I was excited that she was getting a story. But Fin...no thanks. I felt like Carly could have done so much better than him.

I actually really loved the friendship between Carly and Susie. They were so good as friends and so good for each other. I loved the times they were hanging out. I felt like Fin just got in the way.

I didn't like how wishy washy Fin was. I didn't like how he knew Carly would want more and kept their "no strings" going. I didn't like how he treated her when she told him she wanted more. I didn't like how he did a quick turn around and everything was HEA. I'm all for HEA (and require it), but it was too quick. I realize that Carly isn't the type of person to torture people and make them work unnecessarily hard for forgiveness, but everything happened so easily for Fin. And I felt like he and Carly never actually talked. Everything she learned about Fin, she learned from Susie.

I just didn't feel like Fin and Carly had much of a relationship outside of the bedroom.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment