Friday, January 6, 2023

REVIEW: The Roommate by Lindsey Hart

 

The RoommateThe Roommate by Lindsey Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

My number ONE complaint: He walks around butt naked.
My number TWO complaint: He also saw me butt naked.
My number THREE complaint: He is my new STEPBROTHER!

And now, we are stuck together for the next two weeks in a cabin sharing the same living space.
It would be the vacation of a lifetime, my mom said. It will help me get to know my new stepbrother, she said.
Well, I admit I did get to know right off the bat how well-endowed he was in all the right places. Wait, no ... that's not it.
What I found out after our first meeting was how much of a gorgeous jerk he was.
He called my mom a gold-digger ... so I "accidentally" dropped scalding hot coffee on his willy.

This is a short steamy romance novella. No cheating. No cliff-hanger. And the kind of ending you will just love. HEA all the way!!







It's been a hot minute since I've read a stepbrother books. Unfortunately, this wasn't a great one.

I realize this was essentially a novella, and I really need to learn to stay away from novellas. I just have a hard time with the ones that don't have the depth of a regular book. Some authors that are great at regular books aren't great at novellas.

I didn't find Marcus or Leanne particularly likable. I liked their parents, and it sucked that they almost didn't get married because Marcus and Leanne couldn't keep their hate-chemistry in check. I think my biggest problem with this book wasn't that it was quick, it wasn't that they didn't spend a lot of time together...it was that I didn't feel a connection between them. They spend more time fighting and bickering than anything else (and not in a good way).


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment